ACWA Achievement Awards
The ACWA Conference Awards 2018 will be made by:
The Minister for Family and Community Services, The Honorable Pru Goward; CEO ACWA, Andrew McCallum, AM; National Children’s Commissioner, Megan Mitchell.
The ACWA Achievement Awards provide an opportunity for individuals and organisations that have displayed an outstanding contribution to our sector to be celebrated and acknowledged.
Nominations are invited for those who have made remarkable contributions to improving outcomes for children and families – particularly those in vulnerable circumstances. Nominations should align with the values of ACWA. We anticipate that nominations will come from a range of settings including but not limited to the practice sector, research and education, journalism or other forms of social engagement with children, young persons and family issues.
Awards and Criteria
The 4 categories of awards are:
- ACWA Lifetime Achievement Award 2018 – No nominations to be taken: This award will be posthumously conferred on a uniquely chosen person for their outstanding and sustained contributions to the sector.
- ACWA Innovation Award – nominated entry must demonstrate innovative practice which is responding to an area of need in the community.
- ACWA Service Excellence Award – nominated entry must establish a pattern of exceptional service that has achieved lasting and positive outcomes for individuals, families or communities experiencing disadvantage.
- ACWA Children or Young Person’s Award – nominated entry must demonstrate that an individual has made a difference to the lives of children and young people who are living in circumstances that create vulnerability.
Winning entries and short listed nominations will be acknowledged at the Conference dinner. Winners of each category will be showcased at the Conference in either a 5 min Power Point or video presentations (submitted as applications 1 week before), in an article in ACWA News and ACWA Conference 2018 news release.
Method of application
Every application should be either on a 3 slide PowerPoint or video no more than 5 minutes (these will be played at the awards night).
Send nomination via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Friday 13 July 2018.
NB: Applicants selected for short listing will be notified prior to the Conference and asked to submit bios for the awards night.
Winners will be announced at the ACWA 2018 Conference Dinner on Tuesday 21 August 2018.
We extend our appreciation and gratitude to our judges for the 2018 Awards:
- Distinguished Professor Alan Hayes
- Professor Clare Tilbury
- Dr Brian Babington
- Specially constituted young people’s panel
Download Young Persons Award form
Download Innovation Award form Download Service Excellence Award form